2017 Sweepstakes Official Rules
MAUI FILM FESTIVAL ONE WINNER TWO PASSES PROMOTION
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
Purchase does not increase chance of winning
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Maui Film Festival Inc. (“MFF”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the MFF’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific contest rules and the MFF’s general contest rules are available for review during regular business hours at the office of the Maui Film Festival and at any time via a link on the contest page on MFF’s website at www.mauifilmfestival.com. To the extent that the general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this Contest. The Sweepstakes will be operated in compliance with state of Hawaii rules and regulations.
HOW TO ENTER
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. Only one entry email will be accepted per person. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. You may not enter with multiple emails and/or multiple identities nor may you use any other device or artifice to obtain more than the maximum number of entries. All discovered entries made in violation of these rules will be deleted. You must supply an accurate, functioning email address, for which you are the authorized user, for your entry to be eligible and to be notified.
- Beginning no earlier than Tuesday, January 24, 2017 and ending on Friday, June 9, 2017 at 11:59 PM HST, you can enter this contest via an entry form on the MFF’s website, www.mauifilmfestival.com.
- All entries MUST include the following information: entrant’s first and last name and email. Entrant’s phone number is OPTIONAL. No other modes of entry will be included for consideration in this contest (i.e. MFF will not accept verbal entries in person or over the phone). Any entry that is missing any of the foregoing information will be disqualified by MFF in its sole and absolute discretion (determined by MFF on a case by case basis).
HOW TO WIN
- If any entry is selected, the entrant will only be awarded if MFF is able to contact the entrant by email or telephone at the precise time selected by MFF to attempt to award the prize. If MFF is unable to reach the entrant at the time that MFF elects to attempt to contact the entrant, MFF will be under no obligation whatsoever to award any prize. Calls from entrants to MFF WILL NOT result in the entrant being awarded any prize. MFF reserves the right in its sole discretion to decide whether or not to award a prize to a selected entrant who was not available by email or telephone when MFF attempted to contact him/her. MFF also reserves the right (but is not obligated) to attempt to contact a selected entrant on one or more occasions. MFF reserves the right to not award and keep any prizes that are not awarded in accordance with the foregoing: Prizes and Estimated Retail Value (ERV). IF 1 to 100 people enter, the prize is 2 Celestial Passes ($200 ERV), OR IF 101 to 250 people enter, the prize is 2 Stardust Passes ($900 ERV), OR IF 251 to 500 people enter, the prize is 2 Cosmos Passes ($1,800 ERV), OR IF 501 to 1,000 people enter, the prize is 2 VIP Galaxy Passes ($6,500 ERV), OR IF 1,000+ people enter, the prize includes not only 2 VIP Galaxy Passes ($6,500 ERV)
but also would includes 5 Complimentary Room Nights at a MFF selected resort in Wailea
(an additional $2,500 ERV) which would increase the prize’s total ERV to $9,000. Complete and detailed descriptions of Celestial Passes, Stardust Pass, Cosmos Passes and VIP Galaxy Passes can be found at: https://secure.mauifilmfestival.com/tixSYS/2017/passes/selection
- Prize elements are non-transferable and have no cash value. All taxes and other assessments resulting from the acceptance of a prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner and Winner may be subject to withholding tax. The Prize consists of only the items specifically listed as part of the Prize. In no event will MFF be obligated to award more than the stated number of prizes. MFF reserves the right to substitute any prize element with a different prize of equal or greater value. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Any prizes offered in this contest will be subject to the general prize restrictions set forth in the MFF's general contest rules, unless otherwise specifically communicated in writing to the actual winner regarding their specific prize.
- Goods, Services and opportunities are provided in “as is” condition. MFF is not liable for the condition or quality of the prize provided.
- Should there be sufficient entries, defined as a minimum of 1,000 (one thousand) or more entries, for a complimentary five night stay at a resort of the Maui Film Festival’s choosing from amount the MFF’s Major Sponsors within the Wailea Resort, use of these room nights will be valid only from June 21, 2017 – June 25, 2017.
- No transfers of any prizes in this contest are permitted. Prize may not be awarded if, among other things, the Winner does not meet the eligibility requirements or the Prize is not properly claimed. The Winner will be required to (a.) provide his or her full mailing address for the purpose of receiving the prize(s), which address must be within the 50 United States (excluding Puerto Rico); (b.) sign and return a release of liability, declaration of eligibility, and, where lawful, a publicity release, upon Sponsor’s request; (c.) verify his or her social security number or other taxpayer identification number; and (d.) take possession of the prize(s) in the manner specified by Sponsor.
- The sponsor of this contest is Maui Film Festival Inc. Prizes provided by Maui Film Festival Inc. and whichever hotel the MFF chooses to proved sweepstakes winner as defined in paragraph #7 above.
- By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Sweepstakes administration and winner selection and verification will be conducted by the Administrator whose decisions are final and legally binding. No participant or winner shall have the right to contest any decision by Sponsor or Administrator concerning any aspect of the Sweepstakes or the interpretation of the Official Rules or the determination as to the qualification of entries. Sponsor, Prize Providers, and Administrator are not responsible for those who cannot access the Internet or cannot click-through for any period of time regardless of technical, hardware, software, telephone, Internet, virus contamination or network problems, or for delay, failure or malfunction for any reason including, but not limited to, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors, human errors including, but not limited to, errors by Sponsor or Administrator, or by force majeure. Proof of entry is not proof of entry receipt. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, force majeure, human error or any other causes beyond Sponsor’s or Administrator’s control. Should this Sweepstakes be terminated/cancelled, a winner will be chosen from non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of cancellation/termination using the winner determination process set forth above. Administrator reserves the right to disqualify any entry from the Sweepstakes if in Administrator’s sole judgment entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. Without limitation, all of an entrant’s entries will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Administrator, if entrant attempts (i) to enter the Sweepstakes through any means other than as described in these Official Rules; or (ii) provides information that is inaccurate or fraudulent; or (iii) attempts to disrupt the Sweepstakes or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities assume no liability for damage caused to entrant’s or any other person’s/entity’s computer hardware or device, software or communications network, regardless of cause. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions in any marketing materials or these Official Rules. By agreeing to the terms and conditionals of this offer, you are agreeing to receive email deals, offers, and alerts from Maui Film Festival Inc.
- By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsor, Prize Provider, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, and advertising agencies, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, demands, losses, or cause of action for any damages (including, without limitation, all consequential, punitive, and incidental damages), liability, loss, cost, fees (including attorneys’ fees), including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, and for claims based on publicity rights and intellectual property rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. If for any reason an Entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been voided or corrupted by any grossly negligent act of the Sponsor(s), Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, subject to availability and provided that sweepstakes has not then expired.
- Sweepstakes entries are limited to the United States and District of Columbia and are void where prohibited. Entrants must be 21 years of age and older as of the date of entry into the contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Subject to any governmental approval that may be required, Sponsor reserves the right to, without prior notice and at any time, terminate the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, or modify Sweepstakes in any way, should any factor interfere with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules.
- If an entrant submits an entry for the benefit of any other person, the "winner" is deemed to be the beneficiary and the entrants are not entitled to any prize in this contest, even if their entry was selected as the winning entry and/or their nominee rejects the prize or cannot be located.
- Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, public relations, and promotion agencies, Webmasters/suppliers and members of the immediate family (spouse, children, siblings, parents), and persons living in the same household (whether or not related) of any said employee, officer or director are ineligible to enter or win. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited. Only one (1) entry via any means of entry per person, e-mail address, or household is permitted. Late, incomplete, computer-generated script, or other automated entries are not eligible and are void. In addition, entries that have been tampered with or altered are not eligible and are void. Entries made on the internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. In the event of a dispute, a potential winner may be required to provide proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the potentially winning entry. It is the sole responsibility of each entrant to notify Sponsor in the event of a change in e-mail address or other contact information. To reiterate, Sponsor is not responsible for network, modem, or other equipment failures or for incomplete, garbled, or delayed entries, however caused.
LIABILITY/TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- By entering, each entrant releases and holds harmless Sponsor, any manufacturer or supplier of any prize, any other persons or entities involved in the Sweepstakes, each of its and their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of its and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents, from any responsibility or liability whatsoever arising out of or resulting from: (1) entry or participation in the Sweepstakes; (2) the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize; (3) any violation by such entrant of these Official Rules or applicable laws; (4) any incorrect or inaccurate entry of information including, but not limited to as a result of technical malfunctions, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof; (5) entry materials that have been tampered with, or entries that are illegible, late, lost, damaged, postage due or misdirected; (6) any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any material in connection with the Sweepstakes; and (7) any conditions arising from events beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, NEITHER SPONSOR NOR ANY OF THE AFOREMENTIONED PARTIES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEPSTAKES, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, WHETHER ARISING IN STATUTE, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH PARTY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND ALL SUCH DAMAGES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED.
OTHER RULES SPECIFIED TO THIS CONTEST
- Odds of winning: The odds of winning any drawing will be determined by the number of eligible entries received.